18 March 2011

Going Postal

This week was Jo's turn at  The Daring Cardmakers. Our dare was to create design with a  postal theme.  I was so devastated after the earthquake in Japan so I thought it would be nice to make a card for people there in Japan.

Here is my symbolism : 

Pink colour : cancer campaign  (radiation)
Red and white :  colours of Japan (flag)
Blue : sea
Black : catastrophe (earthquake, tsunami)
Dove with green branch : hope and new life
Letters Japan : islads of Japan

Used Material : 

 Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye, Paper flowers, Slice (Basic elements and Think pink), Letters stickers, Pearl sticker, Ribbons, Distress tool, Crop-a-dile Big bite (for the stamp edges), Black pen and black ink

6 comments:

  1. WOW Zunana your card is a stunner! LOVE the symbolism you've used for Japan too - I cannot even start to imagine what they are going through!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the dove symbol, and the colour scheme is lovely. I can't stop thinking about the terrible things happening there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours that your used look beautiful together - A beautiful and thoughtful card

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very thoughtful, great symbols!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just popped in to say That I like your style! Bold bright colours and plenty of character! Well done! Thanks for sharing! kissinia

    ReplyDelete